Adaptable to any rim profile
Thanks to the provided conic adapter, Caffélatex Tubeless Valve works on both Presta and Schrader-drilled rims:
- on Presta-drilled rims (valve hole diameter: 6,5 mm): depending on the rim shape the flat rubber valve base might ensure a perfect air-tightness, without any additional adapter, or the conic adapter might be needed;
- on Presta-drilled with a wider (> 6,5 mm) inside hole, or when used on Schrader drilled rims (valve hole diameter: 8,5 mm): we recommend fitting the conic adapter on the valve before inserting it into the rim.
With an incredible variety of rim profiles in the market, in some cases a flat-base tubeless valve works better than a conic base one, and vice-versa. With Effetto Mariposa valves, the conic adapter allows to pass from flat to conic in a breeze.
Light and reliable
We opted for an aluminum alloy that will bend before breaking, adding reliability to the lightness required by modern rims. Weight(*) is 3,6 g for 40 mm, 5,1 g for 70 and 6,5 g for 100 mm.
(*) valve alone without accessories.
Great look, functional cap
Effetto Mariposa valves come either full black (black valve, black cap) or silver (silver valve, red cap). The aluminum cap functions as mechanism key.
Removable valve core
- 40 mm length, for rim profiles between 10 and 37 mm (10 and 34 mm with the conic adapter fitted)
- 70 mm length, for rim profiles between 37 and 67 mm (34 and 64 mm with the conic adapter fitted)
- 100 mm length, for rim profiles between 67 and 97 mm (64 and 94 mm with the conic adapter fitted)